Refreshing Summer Snacks in the August Issue of Diabetes Forecast Magazine
Contacts: Anna Baker
703-549-1500 ext. 2090
July 30, 2014
When hunger strikes between meals, you want to reach for a snack that will provide a healthy energy boost. In the height of summer, something crisp and cool really hits the spot. The August 2014 issue of Diabetes Forecast®, the Healthy Living Magazine of the American Diabetes Association, comes to the rescue with a line-up of fresh snack recipes that showcase the just-picked flavors of summer fruits and vegetables—each 110 calories or less per serving.
The lower-calorie snacks in Fresh Bites include a simple yet stunning Fruit and Vegetable “Cobb” Salad and a Creamy Pea and Tofu Spread that can be enjoyed with raw vegetables or whole grain crackers.
Also in the August 2014 issue of Diabetes Forecast:
- How Safe at School legislation has made life better for children with diabetes in Texas.
- Four bus drivers with diabetes who fought employer discrimination—and won.
- Seven features to look for in a therapeutic shoe.
- The benefits of a Mediterranean-style eating plan.
- From in-person groups to Twitter chats, the importance of finding support from someone like you.
Diabetes Forecast has been America’s leading diabetes magazine for more than 65 years, offering the latest news on diabetes research and treatment to provide information, inspiration and support to people with diabetes.